|The yummiest conditioner ever!|
Does your hair look dull or feel brittle? Do you notice tiny broken hairs when you comb or brush? If these symptoms sound familiar then you are suffering from damaged hair. Excessive use of heat tools, poor nutrition, and stress can all lead to damaged strands. A good treatment helps to restore moisture and replace protein lost during chemical processes such as dye and relaxers. Natural treatments are less expensive than the treatments found in stores and you can actually identify the ingredients! Also, did you know that Ancient Egyptians used homemade treatments to restore shine? Nefertiti had the right idea a long time ago! So take a look at the recipe that I’ve fallen in love with:
2 eggs (protein)
3-4 tbsp of coconut milk ( protein)
2 tbsp of honey (moisture and shine)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (seals moisture)
Shower cap (or hair steamer minus the cap)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork.
2. Wet your hair with warm water and massage the mixture into the full length of your strands.
3. Cover with a shower cap or plastic grocery bag and allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
WARNING: Do not use a dryer because you will have a head full of scrambled eggs, no bueno!
4. Rinse the treatment out and follow-up with a moisturizing shampoo and quickie conditioner.
5. Flirt with yourself in the mirror as you admire your new shiny locks =)
Have you tried it? Share your results!